Ekaterinburg Museum of Fine Arts
The Ekaterinburg Museum of Fine Arts is the largest art museum in the Urals and the museum was established in 1936. Nowadays, it has two branches. One is located in the reconstructed building of the local railway factory’s hospital, and the other undergoes reconstruction now.
The museum has collections of the West European Arts of the XIV-XIX centuries, the Russian Arts of the XVII – early XX centuries, Russian avant-garde; the modern naïve art is next to the well-known Urals casting art and jewelry by local artists.
The key masterpiece is the Kasli cast-iron pavilion, which was made for the International Exhibition in Paris in 1900, and which is on the UNESCO list of history and culture monuments. The collection also has works by Russian avant-garde artists Kazimir Malevich, Natalia Nesterova and Mikhail Larionov, Wassily Kandinsky and others.
In 2005 the Virtual Branch of the Russian Museum was opened in the Museum. The Virtual Branch is an information and education centre created on the basis of scholarly, educational, and methodological elaborations by leading specialists of the Russian Museum.
In 2008 the Regional Centre of Museum Pedagogics and Youth’s Creative Development was set up in cooperation with the Russian Centre of Museum Pedagogics and Children’s Creativity (the subdivision of the Russian Museum). Ones of the Centre’s priorities are formation of the interconnection between the Museum and schools and realization of cooperative projects and programmes.
The museum invites visitors to exhibitions, master classes, musical evenings, concerts, lectures, author tours and artistic meetings.
Voyevodina Str, 5
Tue., Wed., Thu. 11.00 a.m. – 8.00 p.m.
Fri., Sat., Sun. 11.00 a.m. – 7.00 p.m.
Ekaterinburg Museum of Fine Arts | paintings in chronological order
1851 – 1875